How can your family get support?
Hello! My name is Gill Baker and I am the Child and Family Mentor at Christchurch School.
My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it and can meet with you at a time to suit. Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support
â€‹Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liasing with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
- guidance with career and personal development and access to training and workshops in school
Family Pack Support
The parish of Christ Church Moreton support local families by sourcing, sharing and delivering Family Packs.
This is in the form of materials such as bedding, clothing, towels, toiletries and toys for children. The materials are sourced from local donations from local people, including the church and Christ Church Primary are pleased to support too.
The Family pack project workers as school to issue a voucher for a Family Pack to families who need extra support. The Family Pack events are held three times a year, typically in November, April and July.
If you require any material support, please inform Miss Baker (Child and Family Mentor) via the school office.