Welcome to Year 4!
We are Mrs Parrington and Mrs Radford- your Year 4 teachers.
We just cannot to share all of the exciting learning and fun experiences we have in store for you!
Our year begins by travelling back in time to the Roman era where you will experience a day in the life of a Roman soldier and go into battle with the Celts! You will also learn about the rise and fall of the Roman empire and how the Romans changed Britain. We build on our knowledge from the Romans by moving on to the Vikings. Did you know that the Wirral was a Viking settlement? In the summer term, we conclude the year by learning about our local coastline, focusing on New Brighton.
The highlight of Year 4 is a two-night residential where you will develop skills in team-building and leadership as well as practising being independent in safe environment, surrounded by your friends and teachers.
Year Four Day
• School begins at 8.45am with our ready to learn session and ends at 3.30pm.
• Morning playtime is 10.45am – 11.00am.
• Lunchtime is 12pm – 12:50pm.
• Children will need their own healthy snack and water bottle each day
- Year Four children need to bring a small book bag into school. Reading books should be brought into school daily.
• Children are provided with writing equipment; however they may bring in their own pencil cases if they want to
• PE kits is to remain in school throughout the week for PE lessons, outdoor
learning and stretch and reflect.
If your child wears earrings, please send in micropore tape to cover them on PE days or remove before school
• Homework is uploaded to the Year Four seesaw account on a Friday and should be posted in response by the following Wednesday.
We look forward to welcoming you to Year Four – If you have any questions you can contact us
on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school office.