A warm welcome to our Governing Body from Mrs Lynda Jones, Chair of Governors
Like all schools, Christ Church School is overseen by its governing body. The governors work with the Head Teacher:
- to set the overall strategic plans for the school
- to set the school’s budget
- to set targets for the school- and we monitor the school’s performance
Our role is to support and challenge the headteacher and her team to ensure that your child’s experience is excellent in every aspect.
We have a strong governing body which was rated as outstanding by Ofsted in our last inspection- they used the words outstanding and formidable. And the reason is - because we have a passion for our school and every child within.
We are a mixed bunch including; a scientist, an accountant, a director of a housing association and 2 local businessmen - a really wide range of skills. Steve Singleton is the vice chair of the governing body. Please see below for the names of our Governors.
In a nutshell our governing body is made up of representatives of church, the school community, and the wider community and we are here for your child – no other reason.
Lynda Jones - Chair of Governors
Please see attached information regarding:
* Governor's pecuniary interests
* Members of each Committee
* Terms of Reference of Each Sub-Committee
* A record of Governors attendance
* A list of governors and their appointment dates