Here you will find a detailed overview of Year 5's exciting and enriching curriculum for this academic year.
Welcome to Year 5
Your teachers throughout the week are Mrs Dolphin and Mrs Harris and we
are in classes 11 and 12, right by the canteen! Our teaching assistant is Mrs Harding, who works
closely with us to help support your learning.
We have an exciting year ahead in Year Five. Our units of work follow along from your learning in
Year Four. We look at gruesome Medieval Medicine, the reformation and Kings and Queens in the
Tudors and natural disasters and climate change in Extreme Earth.
We have lots of exciting trips, outdoor learning and learning opportunities throughout the year and
we continue to develop our Christian ethos in our RE learning and ethos group.
Year Five Day
• School begins at 8.45am with our ready to learn session and ends at 3.30pm.
• Morning playtime is 10.30am – 10:45am.
• Lunchtime is 12.15pm – 1.05pm.
• Children will need their own healthy snack for morning playtime.
• Year Five use lockers, so please use suitably sized rucksacks.
• Children are provided with writing equipment, which they take responsibility for and is kept on
• In KS2 the uniform consists of a white shirt, tie and grey jumper/cardigan.
• Year Five need to keep their PE kits in school throughout the week for PE lessons, outdoor
learning and stretch and reflect.
• Children will be provided with accelerated reader books and take a quiz, once they are finished
with the book in school.
• Homework is sent through the Year Five email address and uploaded onto the Year Five seesaw
We look forward to welcoming you to our Year Five – If you have any questions you can contact us
on email@example.com or phone the school office.