Here you will find a detailed overview of Year six's exciting and enriching curriculum for this academic year.
Welcome to Year 6
Your teachers throughout the week are Mrs Lakin and Miss Cooper and we
are in classes 13 and 14,in the annexe! Our teaching assistant is Miss Harding, who works
closely with us to help support your learning.
We have an engaging and challenging curriculum in Year 6. Our units of work follow along from your learning in
Year Five. We look at Victorian Wirral, Liverpool during both World Wars and Africa (with a focus on social justice).
We have lots of exciting enrichment activities planned, such as orienteering in West Kirby, a trip to Port Sunlight, a design workshop at a local secondary school and an outward-bound residential in Shropshire. We also continue to develop our Christian ethos in our RE learning and work hard to get you ready for secondary school.
Year 6 Day
• School begins at 8.45am with our ready to learn session and ends at 3.30pm.
• Morning playtime is 10.45am – 11:00am.
• Lunchtime is 12.10pm – 1pm.
• Children will need their own healthy snack for morning playtime.
• Year 6 use lockers, so please use suitably sized rucksacks.
• Children are provided with writing equipment, which they take responsibility for, but may bring in their own pencil cases and equipment.
• In KS2 the uniform consists of a white shirt, tie and grey jumper/cardigan.
• Year 6 have two PE sessions a week and are expected to make sure they have the kits in school on those days
• Children will be provided with accelerated reader books and take a quiz, once they are finished
with the book in school.
• Homework is given out to the children to complete at home. Websites such as TT Rock Stars are also used as learning resource for homework.
We look forward to welcoming you to Year 6 – If you have any questions you can contact us