Welcome to Year 3 at Christ Church!
We are Miss Hogg and Miss Parry, your Year 3 teachers. We also have Mrs Webster, our teaching assistant, who is there to help you as well.
Exciting learning awaits as we explore three themes of learning across the year – Wirral warriors, Ancient civilisations and why are we so amazing? Through knowledgeable visitors, thought-provoking school trips and imaginative lessons, we delve deeper into Moreton and the surrounding areas, the Stone Age, Ancient Egypt and how farming has changed over time. Building on what you already know, your confidence will grow when tackling new challenges and learning new things.
Our favourite times of the day are where we come together to worship, whether that is in class, in our year group, as a key stage or with the Clergy from Christ Church. This, along with our RE learning, helps us explore the word of God and our Christian faith.
Year Three Day
• School begins at 8.45am with our ready to learn session and ends at 3.30pm.
• Morning playtime is 10.15am – 10:30am.
• Lunchtime is 11:45pm – 12:35pm.
• Children will need their own healthy snack for morning playtime.
• Year Three children need to bring a small book bag into school. They will be given a reading wallet to keep their reading book and reading record in. These should be in their book bags every day.
• Children are provided with writing equipment, which they take responsibility for and is kept on
• In KS2 the uniform consists of a white shirt, tie and grey jumper/cardigan.
• Year Three need to keep their PE kits in school throughout the week for PE lessons, outdoor
learning and stretch and reflect.
• Homework is uploaded to the Year three seesaw account on a Friday and should be posted in response by the following Wednesday.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Year Three – If you have any questions you can contact us
on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school office.
Teaching Assistant - Mrs Webster